Generator Sales & Installation
Why Should You Have a Generator at Your Home or Business?
The short answer is simple: you’ll never be without power again!
There’s no telling when your neighborhood will be struck with a power outage, but with a generator available to supply back-up power, you can rest assured it won’t affect you.
T.K. Lyden Electric & Generator is Central Massachusetts’ leading provider of professional Generac generator installations!
What are the problems associated with power outages that make it such an important addition to your home?
There are a number of problems and inconveniences that come with a power outage, but one of the most damaging and costly issues is a sump pump failure. It’s not uncommon for a home to flood as a result of an inoperable sump pump, especially during heavy storms. Backup generators will prevent your sump pump from ever losing power, potentially saving you a fortune in flood damages.
Another common problem we see in power outages that occur during a cold, Massachusetts winter is frozen and burst pipes. Being stuck without heat due to a power outage is uncomfortable enough, but add on the fact that it puts your pipes at risk for bursting and potentially causing a significant amount of water damage, and a simple power outage could lead to the need for major home renovations.
Let T. K. Lyden Electric & Generator help you with your power needs and you'll never be left powerless again! Call us today for available models, pricing and to schedule your FREE generator installation consultation.
T. K. Lyden Electric & Generator is the only call you need, we handle:
- Your purchase of a generator that fits your personal and professional needs.
- Applying for all necessary permits.
- Installation of your emergency backup generator(s).
- Selecting the location and deciding the fuel type.
- Delivery, un-packaging and setting the unit in place fully assembled.
- Installation of a transfer switch.
- Wire up 6 to 16 critical circuits or back up your entire home electrical system. This will vary by unit type.
- Working with our fuel partners to install piping, storage or needed generator fuel.
- Test run and simulate a power outage to be sure you get what you expected for coverage.
- Sign you up for a yearly preventative maintenance schedule.
- Clean all work areas.
- Meeting with local inspectors
- Take time at the end of the Generator Installation to answer any questions and general operation.
When you choose us for your generator installation, you will work directly with our Project Manager, Robert H. Thompson, who is involved in every sale of Generac Generators.
Generator Installation FAQ's
- How long does the process take?
Generally, the process can take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks. This includes the submittal, review, and issuance of the permits, as well as the weather conditions so it's best to order during warm seasons, for the installation and inspection process. This is not a concrete time frame; some municipalities are faster than others. We will inform you of each step and advise you of the progress as soon as they happen.
- Who do I call for generator maintenance or generator repair?
Call our Team at 978-895-1275 and you will be set up for repair or service.
- Do I need to be home for the inspections?
As there are multiple inspections, you do not need to be home for all of them. But the gas and electrical Inspectors may request entry into the home to see our work. We will coordinate the inspections and if need be meet the inspectors on site allowing them entry and locking up when complete.
- How do I pay for my generator installation?
1/3% Due Upon Acceptance of Proposal
1/3% Due Upon Delivery
1/3% Due invoiced after start up and testing completed by T. K. Lyden
T. K. Lyden accepts checks made payable to “T. K. Lyden” as well as Visa, MC, Discover.
Call 978-375-7731 to ask about our interest free payment plans.
- Who do I call if I have any questions or emergencies?
In case of emergency, call 911. For other questions, please call our team at
978-375-7731 or Maintenance at 978-895-1275.
- How much does a standby generator installation cost?
Price varies with size, installation requirements, location of generator. Call 978-375-7731 or e-mail us for a free, no-obligation quote today.
We Service All Makes and Models
Our technicians have a wide range of knowledge in servicing and repairing many of the major brands of Generators on the market including Briggs & Stratton, Dewalt, GE, Honeywell, Champion, Powermate, Siemens, Kohler, Cummings and many more.
Choose a Generac Authorized Sales and Service Contractor
Generac has been trusted for over 50 years for providing dependable, stable, stand-by power Generators for millions of customers, from portable home units to commercial-grade automatic power backup systems.
T. K. Lyden Electric & Generator is a Massachusetts Authorized Generac® Sales and Service Dealer. We are licensed, insured and factory trained to service, maintain and install generators according to all safety standards and building codes.
With over 40 years of experience, T.K. Lyden Electric & Generator is fully equipped to perform every aspect residential & commercial generator installations at any location in Massachusetts - from contact sale to test fire to maintenance reminders and product updates as well as warranty repairs. Remembering generator safety is our #1 concern when it comes to back up power.
We will also work with our fuel partners to install a variety of fuel types. Whether the generator runs on diesel, natural gas, propane or gasoline fuel. It doesn’t matter how complex the job you can trust that our expertise will be there to guide each stage through the entire generator Installation. Our goal is to deliver a top-notch generator installation on time and on budget.
T. K. Lyden Electric & Generator is a Factory Trained Select Generac Sales and Service Contractor. What does that mean?
- All of our technicians have undergone factory schooling, where they learned how to troubleshoot and repair any and all components of your system, from the engine to the circuit board, relays, rotor, stattor, and everywhere in between.
- We have access to all replacement parts for all of our models.
- Our service trucks have the most common parts right on the truck - getting your generator going within minutes, not days like most dealers.
- Anyone can sell you a generator, but will they be there after the sale.
- Warranty: we do all your factory warranty work. If you bought your system from us you will never even see a bill for warranty work.
- Preventive maintenance agreements available. We come to your home every year and run a full electrical diagnostic as well as checking the safety features, and all factory required maintenance.
- Extended warranties available.
Enjoy the security of knowing you bought your generator system from the only family owned dealer in the area. Keeping family safe in an outage is our number one priority.
Request a Free Estimate or Schedule Quality Service Today!
Contact T.K. Lyden Electric & Generator today to schedule a free estimate for your generator installation, electrical panel upgrade, or electrical repair. We are fully licensed, insured, and qualified to handle all of your electrical needs in Westborough, Worcester, Marlborough, Shrewsbury, Hudson, and the surrounding areas!